Crytek is looking for a passionate and dedicated Online Game Programmer.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- In collaboration with the Lead Programmers, evaluate the feasibility of the Design department’s requests and own their planning and delivery.
- Work with the existing online technologies and game codebase to develop and enhance online gameplay (player progression, character roster, rewards, achievements, online events, etc.) for a high-profile project.
- Create compelling and rewarding meta gameplay features.
- Debug and optimize meta gameplay features on backend and all platforms.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Contribute to the documentation and (automated) testing procedures.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Proactively contribute to the team effort to improve the product quality as well as the group productivity.
- Take ownership of some of the core meta gameplay systems and keep a general overview of game and online technologies and their interactions.
- Participate in the recruiting processes for the online game programming team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Hands on experience developing games and getting them shipped, preferably online ones.
- Good understanding of C++ and C# in an online game development environment.
- Solid understanding of networked multiplayer and backend implementation.
- Experience with online game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills, with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, display autonomy.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Experience with (visual) scripting languages.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Previous experience on a multiplatform game.
- Experience with console development, TRCs and submission process.
- Experience with data analysis.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed