As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
Flexible work hours
Indefinite contract + benefits
Private health insurance coverage
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
2 Hour mid-day play/lunch break
Convenient location in northern Bogotá near 93 Park
We are looking for a talented Lead Web Developer to join our dynamic engineering team to lead the creation of Web-based games involving NFT technologies within our Bogota-based studio. Our team is focused on building Jam City’s first AAA, multi-platform online Web3 Game: Champions Ascension.
- Manage a team of developers and help them prioritize, build, and ship the most impactful features in web products.
- Work with external vendors to establish and enforce good architectural standards.
- Collaborate with our central technology team to create game services to help support blockchain-backed game creation.
- Help your team ship exceptional user experiences and establish clear definitions of quality.
- Build accessible, responsive, and performant user experiences.
- Pragmatic approach to ensure the user experience is optimized to eliminate all pain for our customers.
- Apply your clear understanding of best practices for technologies such as or similar to React, Redux, or web3.js development with proactive involvement in code reviews and paired programming sessions.
- 7+ Years of expertise with front and back-end development.
- Lead experience running at least one successful LiveOps-based web app or game.
- Technical mentorship is a must.
- Proven experience architecting large, long-lived backend code bases, with a focus on sustainable patterns.
- Ability to work iteratively.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams.
- Written and oral English proficiency.
NICE TO HAVE
- A good sense of humor is a definite plus.
- Exposure to microservice development.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the C# language.
- Experience building web applications using ASP.NET and/or ASP.NETMVC.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) is a huge plus.
- Previous experience working on web games.
- Experience working directly with Solana, Ethereum, or Blockchain tech.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed