Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead UI Artist to support Hunt: Showdown.
As Lead UI artist, you will work with a team of UI artists to create and maintain high-level quality UI designs. You’ll oversee and coordinate your team in creating the mood of the game by the design of mock-ups / assets and icons. You will be entrusted with the overall quality of the UI Art across several projects, and working closely with UX / UI Designers, UI Programmers, and Art Directors. You will play a central role in how the UI is built and how it will function.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Determine and enforce the vision for the UI Art across different games;
- Oversee the creation of mock-ups by your team members based on the game design requests;
- Participate in prototyping to experiment with designs & explore opportunities;
- Meet with your UI artists to assign tasks, establish priorities, discuss progress, provide feedback, etc;
- Work very closely with Art Directors, UI Artists, UX Designers, and UI Programmers.
- 6+ years’ experience in the design field, at least two years in the games industry;
- 1+ year leadership experience;
- Two or more shipped title as a Senior UI Artist;
- Confident understanding of typography and basic color theory;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator required);
- Able to understand technical implementations, and limitations.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Graphic Design, a similar degree or comparable experience;
- Provide a portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed