Crytek is looking for an experienced Lead Rendering Engineer to join our games team.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Lead the rendering programmers and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Integrate CRYENGINE’s renderer into the games and extend its functionality.
- Own the implementation of rendering features to ensure the highest fidelity graphics on all platforms.
- Develop and maintain shaders to enable the game’s vision.
- Collaborate with the CRYENGINE team to guide the R&D efforts.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Proactively drive your team to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer in the gaming industry.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles, from beginning to end, preferably cross-platform ones.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong experience with multithreading and lock-free algorithms.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and state-of-the-art rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with translating academic research into actual implementations.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with publishing technical papers.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed