Crytek is looking for a Lead Rendering Engineer - someone who can and wants to push the boundaries of rendering technology even further in CRYENGINE.
As Lead of the rendering team you will work very closely with CRYENGINE's rendering experts and will not just provide technical direction, but also mentor colleagues and offer guidance and support in respect to their R&D efforts that will be shaping the next generation of rendering techniques.
Along with the Technical Director you will define the roadmap of the CRYENGINE rendering technology stack and in consideration of internal projects and release dates oversee its execution. You will also collaborate directly with the Art and Design departments of our game teams, to design rendering features, propose optimizations and assist generally in order to get the maximum out of CRYENGINE.
Join us and we’ll invent the future together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Lead development of CRYENGINE's cutting-edge rendering system.
- Guide R&D efforts towards next-generation rendering technology.
- Shape the CRYENGINE roadmap together with the Technical Director.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Work with game teams to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Guide and mentor fellow rendering engineers.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer, preferably in the gaming industry.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a leading position.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, Playstation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed