We are looking for an experienced and passionate Lead AI Programmer to work on Crysis 4 (Working Title).
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Lead the AI programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Work with existing engine code base to architect and enhance AI.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Gather requirements and set goals for the AI team, lead the design and architecture of the code development and coordinate its implementation.
- Coordinate with other Leads and Directors including from other projects.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to create believable characters and environments.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision making process.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 7+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
- Previously held a senior AI programmer or equivalent position.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning, crowd behavior etc.).
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed