Crytek is looking for a talented Junior Systems Programmer to join the HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains game technology development - working closely with the Department Leads to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy and support specific technologies for the game platform.
Areas covered include but are not limited to performance monitoring and optimization, pipeline/tools/delivery systems, hardware abstractions, core-systems maintenance etc. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team, you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of Hunt: Showdown.
- Take part in design and development of exciting new features and integrate them with existing systems with guidance from senior engineers.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable, and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of C++, and software engineering and debugging in general.
- Good 3D math background.
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in mixed teams.
- Eager to learn.
- Experience in working with game engines.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Worked on university related or private game(s) or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed