Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 750 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo. We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).We are also growing our team to continue the expansion of Frontier Foundry, our publishing label for games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We have a modern spacious studio located on the Cambridge Science Park in the heart of the Cambridge tech hub. For those who wish to relocate to the Cambridge area and work either entirely in the studio or flexibly between the studio and home, we can provide generous financial and practical support to facilitate your move. We are also able to offer remote working for those who would prefer to work almost exclusively from home or who are unable to relocate. We can discuss your preferences with you during the recruitment process.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Junior PR Manager to join our talented publishing team. You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and will be working within the PR team on a number of our much-loved franchises, as well as unannounced titles which promise to be just as exciting.
Reporting to the PR Manager, the Junior PR Manager will play a key role in supporting the team with the planning and execution of global PR campaigns to promote Frontier’s products and drive a greater awareness of our titles.
The Junior PR Manager will be responsible for writing press releases, ensuring consistent communication of company and product messages, generating coverage and commentary and supporting the planning and execution of campaigns and events.
- Working with the PR Manager to plan and develop global PR strategies across Frontier’s portfolio of titles, eventually leading on key projects within these plans
- Support the PR Manager in working with the wider publishing team and key stakeholders to create, plan, and deliver aligned PR campaigns and events around Frontier and its titles
- Build and maintain relationships with global media outlets and key influencers across multiple channels ensuring that a positive brand image is conveyed at all times
- Write and edit press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, planning documents, social media content, and other PR material
- Track media coverage and collate regular internal reports in a timely manner
- Use analytical tools to analyse and measure all activities to improve effectiveness and response
- Coordinate preview and review requests, as well as ad-hoc media opportunities
- Demonstrable PR experience, ideally gained within the gaming, tech or entertainment industry
- A passion for PR and Marketing
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Good existing relationships with key international specialist and non-specialist media outlets
- An understanding of the computer and videogames market, and the specialist and non-specialist media market
- Ability to multi-task, while working across varied deadlines and timelines
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately report and monitor feedback
- Passionate about video games
- Willing to occasionally work outside of office hours, and travel to attend industry events and conventions
- Good knowledge and understanding of marketing methods and channels
- In-depth knowledge of Frontier’s titles
- A degree level qualification in PR/Communications, Journalism or English would be advantageous
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed