The Crysis 4 (Working Title) team is looking for a creatively minded and driven Junior Lighting Artist who can communicate well between programmers and artists to develop cutting edge, next generation lighting solutions for Games.
*Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Working with Level Designers, Artists and Programmers to create real time and baked lighting moods and effects for static, dynamic and animated environments, cinematics, characters, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Creation of skyboxes and other geometry based lighting assets (sun shafts, glows, flares, etc).
- Collaboration with other Lighting Artists on the team to ensure consistent quality across the game.
- Population of light entities and cubemaps in game using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting, etc).
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines to meet project’s specific needs.
- Must have the ability to execute ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to understand custom tool-sets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Experience with CRYENGINE and Sandbox Editor.
- Strong understanding of real-time and pre-baked lighting systems.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game lighting effects.
- Experience with real world lighting situations, including natural light and artificial “studio” type lighting, and/or photography.
- Experience with cinematic post-processing work (e.g. compositing, color correction).
- Proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, 3ds Max/Maya, etc.
- Professional experience lighting for next-gen games on PC and console hardware.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed