Crytek is looking for a passionate Junior AI Programmer to work with our HUNT development team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Game AI programmer with a desire to work together with game designers and other members of the team to collaborate on the implementation of AI behaviors and rules, defining combat experience etc. This is a position where design, AI code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job.
The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Work with existing engine code base to enhance AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for a high profile project.
- Create immersive and compelling combat experiences.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Some experience with practical Game AI techniques in context of games/real-time applications.
- Affinity for new AI related technologies.
- Passion for making games.
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed