Crytek is looking for a Hard Surface Artist to join our art team.
*Sample pictures or portfolio link, which shows sample work are necessary.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game.
- Provide and accept direction.
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results.
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and animators.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including animation and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 2+ years experience in game development
- Last and/or current gen console experience
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Heavy focus on Hard Surface art (Weapons, Vehicles, Props)
- Proficiency in high and low poly modeling
- Proficiency in Texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (clean modeling / baking / UVs etc.
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Keen eye for detail and realism
A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the following:
- Experience with CRYENGINE
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Industrial design background
- Traditional painting skills
- Outsourcing experience
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed