We are looking for a motivated and talented Hard Surface Artist with focus on External Development.
The Hard Surface Artist will be responsible for overseeing the deliveries created by external partners and ensuring the visual direction is carried through into the game to the highest quality. The successful candidate will be expected to provide feedback, manage, and integration of art as well as drive the external development content creation of a wide variety of weapons, prop and/or environmental assets. Candidates must be able to hit the internal standards of art, have good knowledge of Game Development and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
*Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Collect and provide clear technical and aesthetic feedback to external teams;
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game;
- Implement approved assets, along with making any needed fixes to ensure consistent high quality standard;
- Track external development on daily basis and incoming assets;
- Coordinate with other studio groups including animation and production to achieve project objectives;
- Creating in-game weapons, prop and/or environmental assets when needed, following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- 2+ years experience in game development;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush;
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines;
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback;
- Good English communication and writing skills;
- Positive team-oriented attitude;
- Be proactive and self-motivated, complete tasks within given time constraint.
- Heavy focus on Hard Surface art (Weapons, Vehicles, Props)
- Proficiency in high and low poly modeling
- Proficiency in Texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (clean modeling / baking / UVs etc.)
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
- Keen eye for detail and realism
A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the following:
- Previous experience with external production and/or directing others through written communication;
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Industrial design or Traditional Art background.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team
- Flexible work time
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities
- Relocation support
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed