We are looking for a passionate and experienced Game Designer to work on Crysis 4 (Working Title) in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As a Game Designer, you will be responsible for developing game concepts and systems that fulfill the vision of the Game Director and the Lead Game Designer.
You will work closely with people from other departments, such as System Design and Code, to design and implement the needed features to create the desired gameplay experience.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Animation Demo Reel / Portfolio link)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Take ownership of game features, from initial designs to final implementation
- Run sanity check on game feature ideas with relevant stakeholders to get an overview for dependencies, restrictions and possibilities
- Create and maintain designs and game concepts.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Participate in testing to iterate, balance and tune gameplay features.
- 2+ years as a Game Designer in the video games industry.
- 1 or more shipped AAA titles on PC or Console, preferable a FPS.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of game design theory.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to create high level design documentation and game concepts.
- Deep passion for gaming, preferably FPS sandbox games.
- Technically-minded and scripting experience
- Experience in working with macros in MS Office
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed