Full Stack Developer
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states; AZ, CA, CO, NV, WA
VGW is a fast-growing technology company and creator of market-leading online social games. With offices across Australia, USA, Canada, Malta and the Philippines we are on a mission to be the biggest gaming company in the world!
Due to major growth we are expanding our Engineering team in the USA and currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team. This team is based in Boulder, Colorado primarily working remotely from home.
What you should know about our Engineering team:
- We make room to do things the right way, rather than hacking stuff in
- You own your projects: you build it, you ship it, you run it
- We were born in the cloud: practices and principles like CI/CD, IaC, O11y and CyberSec are part of what we do
When it comes to Learning and Development:
- Learning is part of our fabric. We have a world class Engineering Learning and Development program and we are passionate about career development.
- Thought Leaders regularly give tailored talks and workshops for our team
- We are proactive in the community attending many local and international conferences; and when covid hit we held our own day-long conference: Techtonic
- We have both a technical and management track for career progression and promotions
- We have a library of books and videos with good content and encourage staying on top of new practices.
In terms of our tech stack, we're hosted on AWS (mostly ECS, some EKS) containerized in Docker. In the containers, we run Node using TypeScript which also bleeds over to our client side where it’s mostly React. Our databases are PostgresQL.
What you will bring to the role:
We're looking for someone with at least 6 years experience, and strong skills in the following
- Build and maintain microservices to support our successful range of over 80 games.
- Scale our services and infrastructure to respond to our rapidly increasing customer base.
- Write clean, well structured code, and automated tests.
- Work closely with our product team to build new games, features and supporting services for millions of users.
- Build internal tools for our Customer Service and Quality Control teams.
- Contribute to our design patterns and best practices via our weekly server discussions.
- Become an expert in our stack:
- Microservices: Typescript/Node/Express.
- Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Mongo.
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS.
VGW has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2010 and we're only getting started. We've assembled an incredibly talented global team who bring their passion, energy and expertise to build games that people love.
At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
Find out more at www.vgw.co
If you want to join a team that does things differently apply today and we look forward to seeing what you can bring to our amazing team.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed