Crytek is looking for a passionate and experienced Narrative Director to join the Hunt: Showdown team. The Franchise Narrative Director plays a pivotal role in world-building, design, and technical implementation of franchise narrative. You report to the General Manager of the Hunt Franchise and are a vital collaborator in defining and executing the narrative vision from conceptual elements to published features and licensed products.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Establish, communicate, and champion the narrative vision for the franchise both internally and externally.
- Build and develop a robust understanding of our game’s setting, ambience, and lore, serving as a key resource for multiple stakeholders.
- Guide the concept process developing storylines, characters, and technical narrative systems.
- Collaborate across all development disciplines to ensure the narrative elements are correctly integrated.
- Lead the narrative strategy and ensure constant communication across the development team and the project’s stakeholders.
- Unify narrative goals with gameplay goals and structure.
- Provide guidelines with regards to the development of specific narrative/scripted event features and assets for consistent tone, style and quality.
- Ensure the narrative quality of the script, scene-breakdowns, and final edits of all scenes, cinematics and promotional materials.
- 12+ years of writing or narrative design experience in the video game industry.
- Published product as a narrative director or lead on multiple AAA titles or equivalent service.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills (English).
- Outstanding communication skills (English).
- Proven experience managing quality, consistency, and coherency across a team of writers and narrative designers.
- Able to articulate and navigate the challenges of creating narrative content for FPS and service-based games.
- Professional experience contributing to narrative content in other media forms beyond gaming such as TV, movies, novels, comics, or audiobooks.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed