Proletariat, a Blizzard Entertainment studio, is seeking an Encounter Designer to join our team for our work on World of Warcraft (WoW). In this role you will be responsible for the ongoing development of high-quality raid and dungeon content to enrich the world of Azeroth. This includes creative design, technical implementation, and careful attention to details such as balance and polish.
- Translate game concepts into specific raids, dungeons, and other encounters for immersive player experience.
- Stay aware of various play styles to make encounters that are engaging to, and inclusive of, a wide variety of players to increase retention across all players.
- Communicate ideas cross-functionally to solicit feedback and ensure support during game encounter design development to ensure polished features for players.
- Work closely with the production team to maintain timelines, meet development goals, and to work through encounter design revisions as needed.
- Coordinate with the environment art, level design, and narrative teams to craft cohesive encounters based on story and environmental details.
- Ensure research is conducted for encounters.
- Some game development experience, preferably in content creation experience (encounter design, level design, or other)
- Excellent communications skills that can be used for comprehensive documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively cross-functionally
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Warcraft Universe and Lore
- Cover Letter
- Link to your portfolio
What We Offer:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision, most of which are 100% sponsored by Proletariat to cover you and your family.
- Flexible PTO Policy with a focus on minimum time away, rather than maximum.
- 401K plan with generous matching contributions.
- Wellness reimbursements and discounts
- Flexible working hours.
- Our office is currently still remote, but we look forward to moving to an optional hybrid model in the future. If you’re based outside of the Boston-area and you’re not looking to relocate, we understand! Just let us know your situation during your phone screen conversation, and we’ll see if we can accommodate making a remote hire!
Proletariat Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed