Hi-Rez Studios is hiring a Lead Environment Artist to work at our studio in Brighton, UK.
The Lead Environment Artist maintains established quality and artistic consistency, by high visual standards and project style. This artist sets the example to the team by the creation of art assets, a mastery of proprietary technology and departmental production dependencies. This role has an understanding of crafting realistic environments and level related meshes, collision, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal Engine 4 development pipeline.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we enhance and expand our online action games.
What our Lead Environment Artist does:
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all Environments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Environment team
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Works closely with the Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visuals.
- Develop high quality 3D assets with a realistic visual style.
- Craft environment and level related meshes, collision, materials, and textures according to best practices within an Unreal Engine 4 development pipeline.
- Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
Who we are looking for:
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional environment pieces as well as examples of development and production work.
- AAA game development experience.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Max or Maya, and basic navigation of Unreal.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable working quickly within an iterative development process.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Able to work effectively within game design and tech constraints.
- Passion for games.
- Strong work ethic.
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed