Crytek is looking for an inspiring and experienced Design Director to work on Hunt: Showdown.
The role of the Design Director is to drive the project towards highest quality in the areas of gameplay and design. You use your experience and the team to identify, assess, and solve creative problems quickly and frequently. You are a passionate gamer with an eye for details. You understand quality in games and how to translate that into creative processes.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Supervise the projects creative development in the areas of gameplay and design to maintain its focus areas and vision of the game.
- Drive the creation and implementation of new game concepts that align with the vision objectives.
- Coordinate, review and evaluate gameplay implementations and create product requirement and design documents.
- Hire and provide mentorship for a team of game and system design professionals.
- Build strong working relationships with the game development team and help them with any obstacles to achieve the highest quality.
- Coordinate, evaluate and react to feedback from the stakeholders.
- Attend trade shows and press events to represent the product and/or company.
- Proven track record of leading and directing the design of at least one major AAA project.
- Extensive knowledge of Game Design principles and the gaming landscape.
- Leader who encourages team collaboration, works well with stakeholders across multiple functions within the company and promotes enthusiasm for the project.
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Excellent communication skills, making complex ideas clear, concise, and compelling.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Ability to make the team contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game play and design.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent English communications skills written and spoken.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed