Crytek is looking for an inspiring and experienced Design Director to work on Crysis 4 (Working Title) project.
The role of the Design Director is to drive the project towards highest quality in the areas of gameplay and design. You use your experience and the team to identify, assess, and solve creative problems quickly and frequently. You are a passionate gamer with an eye for details. You understand quality in games and how to translate that into creative processes.
- Supervise the projects creative development in the areas of gameplay and design to maintain its focus areas and vision of the game.
- Drive the creation and implementation of new game concepts that align with the vision objectives.
- Coordinate, review and evaluate gameplay implementations and create product requirement and design documents.
- Hire and provide mentorship for a team of game and system design professionals.
- Build strong working relationships with the game development team and help them with any obstacles to achieve the highest quality.
- Coordinate, evaluate and react to feedback from the stakeholders.
- Attend trade shows and press events to represent the product and/or company.
- Proven track record of leading and directing the design of at least one major AAA project.
- Extensive knowledge of Game Design principles and the gaming landscape.
- Leader who encourages team collaboration, works well with stakeholders across multiple functions within the company and promotes enthusiasm for the project.
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Excellent communication skills, making complex ideas clear, concise, and compelling.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Ability to make the team contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game play and design.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent English communications skills written and spoken.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed