Crytek is looking for a Cinematic Artist to join our Cinematic Services team, responsible for creating in-game content and promotional material. The Cinematic Artist will have an eye for cinematography with technical knowledge of cinematic pipelines. You’ll be responsible for taking assets, setting up cameras, animations and lighting in CRYENGINE for final renders.
We are looking for a passionate storyteller with a visual flair and the ability to enhance production values. They will be responsible for developing player experiences and scripted events for inclusion in games and promotional material.
The Cinematic Artist will be responsible for developing scenes under the guidance of a Cinematic Director and Director of Department. You will be part of the creative process from initial prototypes through to the delivery of polished cinematic scenes.
You’ll also be expected to use your technical problem solving skills to find solutions and improve techniques.
You will work alongside a multi-skilled team of animators, lighters, technical artists, that work collaboratively; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Blocking and layout, and incorporation out of in-game and/or pre-rendered cut scenes, level locations and cut scene elements using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Work closely with Cinematic Lead and/or Head of Department to assure a high degree of quality on all cut scenes.
- Assist in documentation of cinematic development processes and techniques.
- Coordinate with internal and external departments including art, animation, audio and production to achieve project objectives. Provides guidance and assistance where required, and is willing to accept guidance and assistance when required.
- Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 2+ years of professional work experience that including 1 shipped AAA title (please name title(s)).
- Understanding of cinematic tools and pipelines from start to finish.
- Knowledge of film language and techniques with a strong understanding for visuals and compositions.
- Already worked with Game Engines such as CRYENGINE, Unity or Unreal.
- Enjoys technical analysis and problem solving.
- Experience in CRYENGINE would be an advantage and well as knowledge of creating animated sequences in other 3D tools (e.g. Maya, 3dsmax, Blender).
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed