We are looking for a passionate and experienced Character Artist to work on Crysis 4 (Working Title).
As a Character Artist, you will be responsible for designing, executing, and creating characters for the new installment in the Crysis franchise.
*Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Creating the textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photo-realistic humanoid in game.
- Working closely with Tech Art, concept art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Character Artist role.
- At least finish 1 AAA title game with full development in-house experience.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create believable photo-realistic humanoid characters within a game's engine.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of human body anatomy.
- Ability to create all textures needed for creating photo-realistic looking humans and creatures.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations that are rigging and animation friendly.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D hard surface modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tools).
- Strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop).
- First person shooter game in-game character art experience is preferred.
- AAA game company work experience is preferred.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this job
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed